Your emails are flying in with new business. Your cellphones are ringing nonstop. Your online reviews are outstanding. Your financial figures are spectacular, and even your employees say working with you is like working with family. Like Jack Dawson, you’re on top of the world!
And we all know what happened to him. (If you don’t, where have you been for the past 20 years? Download the movie today!)
Why did the Titanic sink? Many say that one reason was because those who built and managed the ship became too confident.
“Nothing can bring this down,” they thought …
The same concept applies to your brand. No matter how strong the foundation you’ve developed is today, you still have to keep your eyes open at all times in order to continue steering that ship in the right direction.
Why Even Successful Businesses Need a Marketing Agency
If you’re running a successful brand, it means you put your heart and soul into it. We know you do, because we’ve seen it from other business owners just like you. But even successful businesses need a marketing agency to support them.
1. If your brand has been around awhile, it likely means you started several years ago. Is your digital marketing strategy up to today’s standards?
If your answer to that was a shaky, “No,” let’s ask you this next: Is your competitor’s digital marketing strategy leaving yours in the dust?
If your answer to that one was, “Yes, but I’ve come this far on my own already,” there’s an additional factor you need to think about: Times are very different today than they were even five years ago. You never know how long that success will last.
That’s especially true when your audience is more familiar with your competitors than they are with you simply because they see the competitor’s brand online more often.
By no means does that mean your competitor is better; it just means your potential customers thought of the competitor first.
2. Here’s a different question altogether. The one-word answer is simple, and each of you will have the same one. There is no other answer.
You’re successful today. Are you certain you will continue to be successful 10 years from now?
3. Here’s yet another concept to think about: If you cater to a certain local population, what will happen to your brand when that population and its interests inevitably change over time? You will undoubtedly need to modernize with it, and a marketing agency can help you step into the present and future rather than holding onto the past.
4. This one’s easy: Does your website need an update? If you’re not regularly modernizing your website, you’ll risk appearing old-fashioned. Consumers don’t want old-fashioned. They’re more likely to relate to a brand that stays on top of it by being fresh and current.
5. Here’s our favorite, and it’s something most people don’t think about: the generations. What happens when what you have to offer isn’t hot anymore?
People who were raised decades ago might favor a particular product, and if you offer that product, you probably became successful back then. But will their grandchildren like it? And their grandchildren?
Cleaning products are a perfect example of this. Decades ago, all-natural products weren’t as much of a priority, but today we’re all about organic. That means the traditional products have many more competitors now. Beyond that, consumers are more likely to make their own cleaning products using something as simple as vinegar and water.
Staying relevant through the years can be challenging, but effective branding techniques just may flip the tables in your favor.
6. And what about the important thing: money. If your brand is currently successful, have sales plateaued? Sales have to move in one direction or another eventually. A digital marketing agency can aim to ensure that that direction is up, not down.